another small enquiry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

just dunno

Beta member
Hi all,

I'm a bit interested in finding out what i can do in my case regarding up grades!

Now i can see this is a pretty common question, but i thought i'd take the oppurtunity to also include some of my sytsems specs. to aid in intelligent feedback.

The main factor in progress is money. My idea, again, is to do this task as relatively cheaply as possible.

intel pent. III
864 MHz MB ram
ms win xp pro vers. 2002
service pack 2

Now I am must do something about my widows as it apears it is not genuine, with a repeated reminder an seemingly a lack of ability to perform downloading some updates.
I'm not sure of this but i have put down the failure of Autocad 2006 to load to this factor. I aslo have photoshop installed and this semms to slow down the speed of processing, especially when multi tasking(?)

System Model: VT82C693/A
BIOS Version: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51 PG

Processor
Intel Pentium III processor
Version: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
Speed: 864 MHz

Total Capacity: 9.32 GB
Sum of Hard Disks: (C: )
Used: 7.56 GB

Free: 1.75 GB

i hope to be able to remove the components and fit the new bits my self. I woud like to try to get upto 1 gig of ram and 1500-1700mhz speed processor???!! is this possile? aware that extra coolong may be required and i would like to install a dvd burner as well.

alright keeping in mind "save dollars", fire me with ya best suggestions. all feed back is appreciated.
Thanx

most you can do is add RAM and upgrade the CPU to Tualtin P-3 core 1400MHz (but again, if your motherboard supports), and H/D of course. but as RAM wil be SD-RAM, so it might be difficuot to find, and will be expensive comparitively.

better follow advice of macdude. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom