Another Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2006, 06:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Another Question

Hey People,

Sorry about keep asking questions...

This one is gonna take a lil explaining....

I have some video's I want to put on DVD. I've copied them onto some DVD-RW's, and when I play them on any computer, you can hear the disc spin quickly, then slow down. This I think is normal.

However, I have purchased two brands of DVD-R's, and put the videos on these to keep. However, when I play these on any computer, the disc continually spins fast, it does not slow down.

Is this normal? I don't recall any normal cd-r's or cd'rw's spinning fast all the time. I'm just concerned the continual spinning will damage my computers?

Any comments and advice is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-19-2006, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Just a guess - maybe its the quality difference between the two types of DVD-R's - the one spinning fast all the time may be making it harder for your DVD drive to read from them...

i dunno, just a thought.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

thats a good guess its true , but its not only the media quality it also depends on how much the burner likes it , anyway i suggest youll use only taiyo yuden medias their the highest quality and have excellent compatability among drives, you can get em from these sites

usa - /
europe - /
canada - /
Old 03-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

It depends on the speed of the DVD. If you get a slow one, the drive will have to read it constantly to keep up; if its faster, it can read ahead by bursting a lot of information at once.
Closed Thread