Another CPU Upgrade Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMoney

Beta member
Hi

I currently have the Intel MB, D875pbz, running a 2.8c Northwood 800Mhz 478 pin CPU. I want to upgrade. Here is the list of processors from Intel's site that my MB supports. Supported Processors

The only one I can find on Newegg is the 3.0E. I guess they are not selling the 3.2 and 3.4 anymore. So, I'm guessing that going from a 2.8C to a 3.0E wouldn't be much of an improvement. Is that correct?

Also, the extreme edition processors are also on the list, does that mean dual core?

Thanks!

Don't upgrade your CPU. You won't notice much of a difference and the technology your using is outdated.

Agreed... Still a usable system, but out dated. Save your money. Do some research. and wait a few months until the new batch of components come out, then build a new system that'll last a couple of years.

Your processor is definitely one of the higher end ones, and so upgrading it would only waste your money.

Your much better off saving up so more money and upgrading when Conroe is released later this summer :)

ok people. Thanks for the input. I'll hold off.

I was actually able to overclock to 2.9 last night, so that gives me a little more POWER!

Yeah, I would wait for the intel conroe to come out this summer, and when it does, you will have to buy a new motherboard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom