Another Computer Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

strugglin

Solid State Member
Still not really sure about buying a laptop - don't suppose I'll move about much with lot and I can get a better spec of desktop for the same money. I've got my eye on an EI computer (never heard of EI before) but it looks OK and it's insides are run with an Intel Pentium Board at a speed of 2.93 Ghz and also 1024MD of DDR ram - any comments would be appreciated - thanks guys.

Ian

Hi Macdude - I mainly surf the web and visit two or three forums that I'm a member of - just the occasional game and nothing much else. I'm really not confident enough to build - I don't understand enough about computers (and I reckon I'm too old to learn now) apart from that most of my spare time is taken up with metal detecting and Radio Controlled Boats (which have to be built) .... but thanks for the input mate.

Ian

Truthfully... if you've never heard of them as well... I wouldn't. Since you are not going to do much, I would suggest a higher end HP, or Cough... D3ll... Cough... you could probably find something refurbished from tigerdirect or newegg, maybe even a local... or new depending on your budget, but you might want something with a warrenty and some kind of desktop/phone support, if your not going to biuld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom