AMD X2 4200+ vs 3.6 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
thebleakness said:
3.6ghz what.......pentium? AMD? need more details

it's obviously a Intel cpu. there is no amd cpu clocked at that speed.

now, remember, clock speeds are not the only thing to consider. It's all a matter of clocks per cycle, meaning that an AMD 1.8 Ghz processor can be just as fast as a 2.8 Ghz Intel processor. This difference can be applied for different reasons. AMD are generally better for gaming, Intel cpus are better for data processing and are known to be much more stable and reliable than AMD processors (although not as performing). I'm not 100% over all this cpu stuff, somone correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you want to do with this cpu anyway?

well, go for the amd. I'm still asking around about this, but another good bet from AMD is the dual core Opterons, maybe.. they're really meant for server use but I heard they're great for gaming and usually have higher cache than their Athlon X2 equivalents and apparently overclock well too.

The X2 4200+ would be the way to go. Take a look at the latest Computer Shopper Magazine. You will see that even the AMD 4200+ beats almost all the Intel dual core CPUs and even the mighty Pent Extreme in a couple of applications.

teh_omar said:
it's obviously a Intel cpu. there is no amd cpu clocked at that speed.

now, remember, clock speeds are not the only thing to consider. It's all a matter of clocks per cycle, meaning that an AMD 1.8 Ghz processor can be just as fast as a 2.8 Ghz Intel processor. This difference can be applied for different reasons. AMD are generally better for gaming, Intel cpus are better for data processing and are known to be much more stable and reliable than AMD processors (although not as performing). I'm not 100% over all this cpu stuff, somone correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you want to do with this cpu anyway?

No way the X2 would be better.And that is BS that AMD isnt any better at data processing and there just as stable as Intel they run way cooler.Intels:Equals Egg Fryer>
If AMD CPU's are unstable than why do more people OC operton CPU's
even AMD CPU's way way more than intel.
Rember Clock speeds dont mean much vs. Bus speeds and L2 lache and reliablity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom