AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
I've asked everyone I know, dozens of people including a dell representative and the only answer I can ever find is "Well, they are neck and neck". I need an answer please! My current machine is used for gaming and I hear rumors that AMD towers over Intel for gaming, can anyone confirm this? Also anyone know of any good motherboards and processors that would be great for gaming? I am replacing my Video card, mother board, and processor. I have the GeForce 7800 picked out as a video card, but for a motherboard and processor, I was considering the Intel 955 though.

Yes AMD is way better for gaming then Intel.

Though i have no graphs bookmarked as of now let me go find soem for you, but everyone knows AMD is better for gaming, and dual core is better then one :)

A straight answer, thank you!! Heh you have no idea how long I've been searching for that, so any ideas on a top of the line AMD processor and or motherboard?

Top of the Line, if you really dont feel like OC"ing then

FX60 dual core FX series

Top of the Line dual core

X2 4800+
X2 4400+

Top of the Line DUal core for OC'ing

Opty 165, 170, 175

Top of the Line Single Core

FX57
AMD 4000+
AMD 64 3700+

Mobo for OC'ing

SLI

DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR

Non SLI

DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D

Semi OC

MSI K8N NEO4-F

SLI

MSI K8N NEO4-SLI

Thanks much, I think im going to end up going with a duel core, I've heard great things about them.

yeah I second that, Intels are more oriented for office style applications but when it comes to overrall performance AMD owns hardcore.

Im currently looking at the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Processor 4800+, which runs at 2.4 GHz, my current processor is an Intel 2.8 GHz with HT, is this much of animprovement? Its slower speed but it is AMD.....and AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Processor 4800+ seems to be the best I can find.

the X2 4800+ is a dual core, as your P4 is only a single core. The X2 4800+ is like two 4.0GHz P4 processors working together. It's just really really reallly really x 100000 fast :). Though if i were you i would get teh X2 4400+ and OC it to 4800+ speeeds and beyond, saving you lots of money on your car insurance :D ;) :amazed: then you can use that money to invest in some decent cooling

I've been looking into overclocking for quite a while, but im just afraid im going to burn out my entire computer and lose everything, also I dont know the ratio to how much cooling I would need to add. Like 1 extra fan for how many MHz and such....

Overclocking is ez. Just get a good CPU heatsink/fan, some AS5, and dont be stupid like setting your CPU to 2000000MHz above what it's default is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom