Are AMD processors really better than Intel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have heard that AMD cpu's are much better than Intel's and the only reason that Intel's are in most pre builds is because they are abusing their market position, is this true?

Not really.

At this point in time AMD are the best value CPU on the market.

Intel are the best performing CPU's on the market.

If you want the best get Intel. If you want the best performance for your pound get AMD/

In a nutshell.

So basically AMD are the better cpu's but they cost more where as Intel offer decent cpu's at more affordable prices? So if I wanted to build a top of the range PC for some really demanding processing and money wasn't the object then I would opt for an AMD but if I wanted something for a bit of fun and I had to work in a budget then I would go for an Intel or is it the other way round?

Nope you got it backwards.
Both manufactures make great chips.

If money is not an issue get Intel.

If money is an issue get AMD.

You would be happy with either cpu.
We are splitting hairs as to which is the best.

At the moment Intel i7 is king of the hill.

What is that AMD chip that you can use on that board that has room for two separate processors, the mobo is not a server it is for a desktop.

But what you are saying is that there is no one which is better overall it just depends on what they have out at any particular time?

I have heard that AMD cpu's are much better than Intel's and the only reason that Intel's are in most pre builds is because they are abusing their market position, is this true?

This saying goes back to Pentium 4 and Pentium D era..

Currently, AMD is losing the CPU war performance wise, but are winning price to performance wise, and Intel being the performance crown with their Core i7's.

If you want the best of the best, and don't care if you have to spend a lot of money to do that.. go with Intel.. if you are more of a budget user and want to pinch every penny, go with AMD's offerings

How is good marketing and strategy abusing market power? Do you know how capitalism and the free market place works?

I really just had to say that. Everyone else is spot on, with the advent of the dual core Intel has been at the top of the CPU market, which now includes quad cores and i7's. Before the dual core AMD was top. If you want the best get Intel, if you are on a budget get AMD.

Nothing new to add, just thought that saying about Intel abusing market position is funny, because you could say that about every large company in the world (because they are there because they properly marketed their product).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom