Amd or Intel dual core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0toriou5

In Runtime
Im planning on getting a computer with a dual core processor, now this computer is going to be used for 90% gaming, so which would be my best bet, intel or Amd? thanks in advance

If you have the money and are going to overclock, get a Core 2 Duo. If you're on a tight budget, get an AMD 3600+ Brisbane. If you're not overclocking and you're not on a tight budget, either will do.

What is the budget? Also are you overclocking? If you are gaming then I suggest overclocking a C2D as they are very fast right now and when overclocked no AMD can compete with them.

for the entire computer (just tower) im looking to spend $800 cdn, and i won't be overclocking.

overclocking is completely safe..it is stupid right now not to OC as the new chips overclock like crazy.

If you overclock it really doesn't matter as they are priced the same. I would go AMD just becuase they are better for the money,

However my E6300 is overclocked to 3.22ghz which is only DECENT and it beats the QX6800 $1000 core. There really is no excuse to use "it's not safe" anymore unless you are just lazy. Just go either way..

I am not sure about the Canadian conversion, but you might want to look into a low-end Intel Core2 processor. With a good aftermarket cooler, you can save hundreds of dollars (or whatever) by clocking the lowest speed C2D to be as fast as the higher end ones.

If you absolutly can't get an Intel Core 2 CPU, then go with an AMD CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom