from AMD to Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerotolerance

Baseband Member
2 questions...

1) I have an interest in upgrading my motherboard. Also, I am thinking of going to Intel. I have pc3200 ram right now and i was wondering if there were any evga/asus motherboards that support a 775 socket as well as pc3200 ram...if not i will stick with amd.

2) AMD Dual Core or Intel Core 2 Duo? Is this just a personal preference issue?

Yes actually ECS sells a core 2 duo ready motherboard, that has an agp slot, and it suports ddr 400 like you have. There is also one with a pci-E slot and ddr ram. They are aroudn 50 bucks each. Here they are.

With agp slot:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135027

with pci-E slot:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135023

even though it supports ddr ram, i dont knwo if there will be a difference in performance with the cpu, but I'm sure that there are some consiquences with going with ddr ram over ddr2.

wow that motherboard looks cheap as F***. I specifically asked if asus/evga had any builds that have intel sockets/ ddr2 ram supported.

zerotolerance said:
wow that motherboard looks cheap as F***. I specifically asked if asus/evga had any builds that have intel sockets/ ddr2 ram supported.

Chil you dumba$$, I'm the only one who helped you. That's the only board with ddr. Ddr2 is the newest thing, so why would big time companies liek Asus make a c2d board with an older ddr slot, just for a dumba$$ like you? And you'd be surprised look at the reviews many said it was good.

Well put BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL. There is no reason to pair up a C2D with DDR. Just break down and find a good brand mobo and ram to go with your new cpu.

I agree, if you're going to go for C2D do it right and use ddr2 ram, otherwise you're holding yourself back. And cheaper manufacturers are typically the only companies that make boards that support new procs with old memory and/or an agp slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom