AMD ghz vs. Intel ghz - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

congratulations nitestick.

and kadahaf, thats not spam. we know there are lots of amd vs intel threads, but as nitestick stated, he wanted to make one that was "noob friendly".

Old 03-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

oh i get it now..........thanx nitestick

CONGRADULATIONS!

Old 03-26-2006, 02:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Kadahaf Send a message via AIM to Kadahaf

ummm..half of the thing he posted was about dual cores...I fail to see how it helps...oh well..
Good video card guide
Old 03-26-2006, 02:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Techie

take away half and you still have the other half.

if you're not going to contribute just don't post at all.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

the whole point of this thread is to explain efficiency vs. brute force and how lower clocked cpu's can still compete with higher clocked cpus, basically to answer the common questions about AMD processors. i fail to see how anything i mentioned is irrelevant
Old 03-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Master Techie

I found it all very relevant Although maybe some small forum redesigning could be done. Say have topics that are stickys in bold or different coloured font.

Also an FAQ of the basics if you look at the forum things like forum rules etc are at the bottom very few people will read that.

Another thing is that the search button at the top is very small maybe taking it out of the header and putting it above the forum in a googleish way
Old 03-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

yeah seriously i didnt no we had a search button until people kept telling others to use the search butoon.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Monster Techie

good read ... i rekn a mod should sticky this ... and congrats on your 3000 posts nitestick

Old 03-27-2006, 01:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lord Techie

thanks . i wouldn't mind it stickied either if it does stop this question from being asked as often, and if it is asked well the poor person who has to answer it can link. well if not people can still link to it next time the question comes up
Old 03-27-2006, 01:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Techie

hey i found this thread interesting. i am a die hard intel fanatic. ever since the dawn of the pentium i was brainwashed by intel. its like a mentality that sticks with people like me that amd is the imitation intel. it is sad to say that i will no longer be supporting intel because they have become too full of themselves, selling low class cpus and expect people to buy it because its called intel. for the past few years i have been monitoring this cpu situation between intel and amd, it seems to me that intel cares not in the least to develop anything formidable enough to stand up to amd. how lame is that!!! its like intel does not even care anymore. all i can say is let them keep following their lame processor roadmap and remain with their ancient technology while amd gets the olympic gold every time. it hurts every die hard intel fan to have to accept this reality, some of us are still in denial though. in addition to what was said about the specs i would like to add that the amd fsb runs at full duplex while the intel fsb runs at half duplex. also each time intel has to compute 2 threads it has to load them into memory through the northbridge with their half duplex fsb. thats the bottleneck that has intel in the 15th century with their cpu performance. seriously how could anybody today invest money in an intel cpu when clearly intel has become a huge pile of crap. not to mention intel has absolutely no regard for saving energy, dont they realise that oil will finish someday.

almost forgot to mention my system is prescott 3.0Ghz, BFG 6800 GT. thats the important specs right there. sure i regret buying intel but i did not realise the true power of amd until after i bought my parts. my next system will be amd all the way.