AMD gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I built my rig about a year ago.. well been having some problems but i think they're fix but i wanna go ahead and build a gaming comp.. mine can play the games that are out now.. but i want a system for future games. ive only used AMD. so please don't suggest me to go intel... i just need alittle help and what would be the best build... just needing help on a decent Motherboard AM2 and im gonna prob be using AMD 6400+ 3.2ghz... but wondering what the best video card would be.. i'm on a set budget of about 500-600 bucks.. i just need Mobo,cpu,case,ram,hdd,videocard

do you want to save some money and overclock the cpu? or do you want to run fast at stock and spend more?
your 5000BE will overclock to the speed of the 6400, probably a little more with a good mobo.
i'd keep it and use the 5-6 bills to buy a new mobo and card (plus the other stuff you need).
i've heard pretty good things about this mobo:
Newegg.com - Foxconn A7DA-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards 125.00
plus it has phenom support if AMD can get their **** together.

and i'd drop a 4850 or a 4870 in it.
Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards 189.00
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100257L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards 229.00

the MSI is the only 4850 i would get, it has spectacular cooling.

ram, get some decent ddr2 800/1066 and pick out a hdd and case. which you should have no problem getting if you go with the mobo and 4850, thats only a little over 300 bucks.

SiZcO all you need to do when the new AM3 chips come out is drop it right into the AM2+ motherboard and you should be good. Well......... at least the AM3 chips that support both DDR2 and DDR3.

I built my rig about a year ago.. well been having some problems but i think they're fix but i wanna go ahead and build a gaming comp.. mine can play the games that are out now.. but i want a system for future games. ive only used AMD. so please don't suggest me to go intel... i just need alittle help and what would be the best build... just needing help on a decent Motherboard AM2 and im gonna prob be using AMD 6400+ 3.2ghz... but wondering what the best video card would be.. i'm on a set budget of about 500-600 bucks.. i just need Mobo,cpu,case,ram,hdd,videocard

I'd say wait a little, Phenom II's and Athlon X4's and whatnot are coming out... but if you need a build now.. skimp on the CPU for a bit then spend some more on it later

Thanks all for your replys... Very nice builds you guys came up with. i just been having acouple of minor problems.. and the Build i have right now.. i wanna be my backup.. incase anything minor happens.. i can fall on.. because this is the only Rig i have.. and if anything happens i have no other computer. so i figure i could build a better computer and have my current one for backup... but it might be a good idea to wait for the New AMD's to come out.. do you guys know if they gonna get close to 4ghz?

And Naga.. i've had bad experience trying to overclock.. i had it at 3.2ghz and it would always be unstable no matter what i did.. even a techy friend couldnt get it stable.. and the motherboard was suppose to be great for overclocking AMD Cpu's but apparently its not :/

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/16/phenom-ii-athlon-x4-oh said:
On January 8th, the fanboi collective will whip out their credit cards and pay tribute to the almighty Phenom II X4 940 – a 3GHz Deneb with 4x512KB L2 cache, 6MB of L3 cache and – targeting you-know-who with its unlocked cores. It'll be an AM2+ part and will require a whole lot of cooling but AMD is promising 4GHz on air, upwards on liquids. The multiplier-locked Phenom II X4 920 will also launch, but clocking in at 2.8GHz.These will be the first - and only - AM2+ 900-series Phenom II parts, according to the data.

The Phenom II will get you up to 4Ghz+, but the price tag is probably a bit higher, so the $500-$600 budget would probably be out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom