AMD Dual Core 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to balance this out, the guy who knows what he's talking about is Nitestick. I won't echo him, but as another person that's done a lot of reading, the 3800+ and 4400+ are the only ones worth buying. Why pay AMD a bunch of money for a 200mhz overclock? You should buy stock with the money you saved.

Ryan

Nitestick is right, listen to what he says. If you can afford it get the 4400+ this can be overclocked to the same as the 4800+ and will save you over £70 (UK) The only thing is you wont be able to buy from newegg.com because you are in ireland and they dont ship. I dont know any websites for ireland so cant help you on where to buy from.

Oh btw is that ram you bought new?? if it is then you should have checked that it would be compatible because now you wont be able to use any of it.

Umm yeah the 4400+ is nice I bet ,but i got the 4800+ and I like it but I dont use it for gaming much just for burning-DVD's ,internet,TV Tuner, anyways its my wifes computer.It has awesome performance.

Or, like nitestick said its one of the only dual-cores he recommends, u can get an opty 165 and easily OC that baby better than the 4400+ on air coolin. People ussually can get their 165s to 2.8GHz (thats 1Ghz faster than the stock settin!) u can save alot of money on the CPU and invest into something else like better RAM or if u need one a new GPU, HD, or DVD Drive. BUT i HEARD (correct me if i'm wrong) that temp detectin programs dont read the right temp for opterons on s939 boards so u could put the money u save into a front panel screen to detect ur CPU temp.

As Nitestick said earlier; that "DDR2 RAM" is not going to to do you any good right now? Now if you are building in a couple of months when the new AMD2 motherboards are out, that is different. Since money is not an object, I would say F60 or X2 4800+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom