AMD cpu or i7 cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatPc

Suspended
im looking for a cpu and i dont know what kind of cpu to get. ive used the intel 950 but ive never used a amd cpu b4 so i kinda wanna try it if its good. i need a good cpu for gaming so i was thinking of getting i7 2600k or some godly amd cpu

There is the AMD Phenom II X4 955 that is a good AMD CPU, but right now the 2nd generation Intel processors are king.
So I would go with the i7 2600k.

An AMD Phenom II X4 965 is more than adequate for gaming. However, the i7 series are beasts, and if you have the money, upgrade now, so you won't have to in a little while.

What kind of budget are you looking at for the computer?

you should wait for amd's bulldozer. theyre supposed to completely outperform even intel's 990x. the 8-core should be around $300 ONLY!

Go with the i7, i have it in my laptop and it runs really great. Very fast and games have no lag

why are you dead set on an AMD? just curious

The last thing he was looking at was an Intel build, and he was looking at the i7 2600k, I don't see how he's dead set on AMD?

you should wait for amd's bulldozer. theyre supposed to completely outperform even intel's 990x. the 8-core should be around $300 ONLY!

I'm an AMD fanboy, but I wouldn't completely be put everything on hold, just because Bulldozer is SUPPOSED to be faster than any Intel out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom