AMD build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I recommend Intel. But show me benchmarks the E1200 outperforms the X2 5000+ please.

mahiv go with your set up. Or with a cheap E2180 paired with a nice P35 board or something. But don't go E1200.

the e1200 only scored 100 points below the 5000 x2 on passmark. and the e1200 will oc much farther than the 5000 x2 and will get a lot better performance.

also the 775 socket will have a lot better proc's than am2 and you'll be able to upgrade it for cheaper once core i7's are fully mainstream.

also reviews don't mean **** on newegg..

there will be no overclocking on this build, so i'm not looking at which is the better OCer. is that CPU better than the one i have chosen Hussein? Im a fan of intel so it's no problem for me to switch, as long as it's better than what i have chosen. that goes for the mobo also.

If your talking about stock settings AMD is the clear winner. But if you give the chip a modest overclock the E2180 will be the better performer.

The E1200 is a good chip its passmark score is 918, while the 5000+ is 1,000~. The only reason I wouldn't recommend the E1200, is because the E2180 is in your price range already, and will be faster stock clock, and overclock higher. With a board as nice as the one Peter picked out, I would at least pick up a Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom