AMD build... $150 to drop right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
ok im building an amd am2+ rig and I have 150 to drop right now, by tomorrow... i can strech it a little but what do you think i should buy?

Are you UPGRADING a rig with $150, or starting from scratch? If from scratch, then use that money to open a savings account. No point in buying parts when you can't build a rig yet. You best bet will be to save the money up, and get everything together. Prices may fall by the time you get enough money to complete the rig.

nahhh lol are you kidding me... my plan is to buy parts piece by peice . What part should i get now for $150 or less?

Before we suggest anything..... tell us this. What is your project timeframe for getting enough money to COMPLETE this build.... A piece of RAM or a CPU is not going to do anything without all of the other necessary components. If your projected budget threshold will be reached within the week, or maybe even the month, then sure.... get some parts now..... If you aren't going to have the money to finish this until we reach 2008, then go ahead, and start that savings account.... Otherwise you might buy yourself some memory now to find the same piece is $50 less by then, or a higher performance part is available then at the same price the lower part is available for today.

What is this rig going to be used for?? Heavy gaming, office work, school work, HTPC, what? You could buy a motherboard and CPU for under that $150 price mark on the budget side, or not even have enough for a higher end motherboard or CPU....

its going to be used for gaming gfx design and 3d (using blender) will be rendering on a farm at school :p .. but its going to be a "higher" mid end system.. time frame is complete build for christmas.... this is my " 31 days of christmas" project :p

Then I would suggest saving your money and buying a complete system as E.D. said. If you decide to buy a piece here, and a part there, you won't get your build done in the time frame you want. Even a "budget" mid level build would run 500-700 USD if you bought it all now, and that is being conservative.

Well if you want to buy something now the buy Ram, because it's pretty cheap right now anyways and It probably wont go down too much in price. you could get 2x 1 gb stick of ddr2 for only like 50 bucks.

Then I would suggest saving your money and buying a complete system as E.D. said. If you decide to buy a piece here, and a part there, you won't get your build done in the time frame you want. Even a "budget" mid level build would run 500-700 USD if you bought it all now, and that is being conservative.

how so? what do you mean i won't get it done in the time frame i want? i plan on ordering the rest of the rig in the next week.. i want it to be built by christmas.. im going to wait seems to be a better option... mobos.. anybody use the abit AN9 32X Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard??? its on sale 80 bucks right now ... w/ rebates... rabates only good until tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom