Originally posted by baronvongogo
could be a long wait though, espcially if the first versions of the socket have faults. Im waiting till september or december to see the final result.
If it would be a good 10-12 months away then I'd just stop buying so much soda at work and save that money up. I could probably have an FX57 San Diego by May if I did that... geez.
I'd probably go ahead and get the 2x4200, but that's just me. I mean, if the M2 gets launched and dominates, it still doesn't make your processor obsolete... It'll still be just as fast as it always was (which is probably more than anybody needs anyway. It's merely a "keeping up with the jones' " thing at that point.