Is a AMD Anthlon 3500+ Good For Gamming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much $ do you have? 1800xl or 1800xt? tell us how much $ you have and we'll tell you whats best value

well i am DIFF gonna get a ATI All In Wonder 1800 not about money i wont that bad ! i jsut wanna know if my processor can run with that and can it play good games ??

yes those 2 should go well together. just make sure your motherboard is compatible with it (pci-express) and that your power supply is good enough. for value i think you could spend your money differently, but you'll get good performance nonetheless.

ok yea what power do i need watt and yes this is a 2005 compaq my mobo has a PCI-E 16 slot in it ! jsut how much watts do i need and u know how i can find how much i got now !?

deadandbrok3n said:
ok yea what power do i need watt and yes this is a 2005 compaq my mobo has a PCI-E 16 slot in it ! jsut how much watts do i need and u know how i can find how much i got now !?

Open up your case and look on the side of your PSU. Should tell you the wattage.

deadandbrok3n said:

you've got the sr1650nx.. i had that, selling it soon, its a 350 watt psu, i called the company and checked it myself... its maximum output is only 320 watts though. I dunno if you wanna risk that beefy graphics card on that system, i felt bad just running my 6800 gs on my compaq..... i'd get at least 450 w dual 12v rails.... hrmmmm cpu's don't do too much in games right now, but that 3500+ will own games... my opteron 146 is at 2.6 ghz and i barely noticed a difference in games from my 3500+ in my compaq.. maybe 5 fps different, not too much

Any reason you're getting the all in wonder card? It's probably better to get a TV tuner card on top of a regular video card. You pay less for the video card, and when you upgrade, you still have a tuner card.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom