AMD 2600 XP is it good for games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the money thing . If you are buying a mobo and processor and you can scrape the funds together to go 64 bit then do it. If not the athlon XP barton core are great processors.
You might want to look at socket 754 sempron also then you can upgrade to 64 bit later. Remember processor is only part of it You need ram 512 min. Graphic Card is also very important. Min GeForce FX5500 256mb if you want to run the newer games and not be stressing....

If you have a limited budget, go with the Athlon XP 2600+ and put more money into the video card. The XP 2600+ paired with a 6600GT video card would play games very well.

im basically in the same setup as thebrettman. i have a 2400+ Athlon XP and i was using a 128MB Radeon and it was pretty decent when i was doing that. i would however say that a 64bit will be much better in the future. plus you need like a GB of RAM to be set right.

m3trj said:
Also try to get a gig of RAM for BF2. It'll run on 512MB, but it's horrible.

Aha that's soo true, i'm running it on 512mb at the moment and it's decent on medium detail, but crank it up to high and it lags everywhere.

Of course more ram and better video card is important. However first things first. Get the Mobo the best you can afford then the processor that is compatable that you can afford. upgrade your ram as you get funds and video. I have a AMD 64 3200+ socket 939 and motherboard will support FX 55 or dual 4000+,1 gb ram and low end 6600TC pcie video card when funds are availible I can upgrade my video. My mobo will support FX 55 or dual 4000+ so I can upgrade there also. Make it a work in progress would be my advice.

Mmm, very interesting, I think I will wait and go with the 64bits 939 socket is only 50 bucks (canadian), and I will go from there, I think in the long run will be worth it. Thanks a lot for all your replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom