AM2 Motherboard suggestions? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default AM2 Motherboard suggestions?

What are the best MOBO within the $100 or less range that would be decent for a gaming machine with a AMD 64 x2 5400 or 4600, GeForce 7900 or 8xxx series video?

There seems to be a lot to look at like chipsets and other things so it is a little overwelming, it's been about 4 years since I did a full upgrade so I am a little out of date.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Default Re: AM2 Motherboard suggestions?

are you going to overclock?
if so:
Newegg.com - EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
booya. i have this mobo and it will run stable over 340mhz htt. and that is impressive, to say the least.
if not:
Newegg.com - ABIT KN9 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
booya. i have this one too, i used it before i got my evga.
it will run around 285mhz htt, which is pretty good. the nf4 ultra chipset is a really good, stable chipset. it is a little older, but by no means outdated or worthless.
from my own experience, both of these motherboards are excellent.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Cool Re: AM2 Motherboard suggestions?

Thanks, I like that Abit board for the price. Will the IDE/PATA work with my IDE DVD and CD ROM?

If I can get by with more of my current Hardware I can spend more on the good stuff.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Default Re: AM2 Motherboard suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. LL View Post
Thanks, I like that Abit board for the price. Will the IDE/PATA work with my IDE DVD and CD ROM?

If I can get by with more of my current Hardware I can spend more on the good stuff.
yes it will.