Am Ready to pullmy hair out at Problem Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherrookie

Solid State Member
I recieved a dead PC Chips P53G for an E7200 Dual Core CPU. On advice of this forum, I purchased a Foxconn G43MX- K mothherboard. I tried rebuilding the system (twice), reinstalling the CPU, and nothing happens! There is power to the syatem and the CPU, however, I can't figure out what's wrong. I need help!

Sarap: Its not the fact that its an Intel that makes it bad just during the manufacturing process of CPU's some tend to be Defective as are alot of products in todays world.

also if he did get that CPU he'd ha ve to buy a completely new Motherboard. and it sounds like he's been through enough of that.

Do any of your fans come on when you attemp to turn on the PC? Also Check the wiring for your start button. I accidentaly wired mine wrong and it blew my PC. So get your Motherboard manual and check it out.

it could be a dead CPU but if you check the above first it'll help me diagnose the problem better.

When I plug in the computer, the Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock flash. Then, I press the power button. The fans turn, and I see a blank screen, with an amber power button (One HP monitor and one Princeton monitor- both somewhat old, but still working), and that is it. Everything turns, but no screen. I tried reinstallation of the CPU and using an external graphics card.

Sarah's processor looked good, but I am a little unsure about purchasing a whole new setup, after a PCChips motherboard that would not run anything (same symptoms).

Any ideas? Please help!

Do your fans stay turning? If yes then you've probably got a dead CPU.

My recomendation would be to RMA the CPU you bought back to Newegg for a replacement one the only cost is shipping.

Yes- The fans continued turning. In fact, I left the computer run for about two minutes, with continuous fan movement. Also, what do you know about bent pins, aand unbending them. I use older motherboards in some of my builds, and I just can't fix these.

Any ideas on both?

Your processor is likely dead. I would return it, and the first motherboard, and get an AMD. I understand not all intels are bad, but their LGA design seems kinda impractical. I believe AMDs are usually better, as a rule of thumb. Also, check your mobo for bent pins. This is extremely common, (in my case, 1 out of every 3 builds. If you have them, use a small object to bend them back. If you can unbend them, great. If not, return your board with the CPU. No matter how stupid you may feel, it happens to everyone. I know a friend who has built computers since the days of Windows 95, and he killed a mobo by bending one of those pesky pins in the LGA 775 socket.

Sarah McPherson
Please Read the Rules pertaining to signatures.

you should NEVER ever try to bend pins that are on the socket. If those are bent dont even mess with them and just return the board. now if its on something like a Motheboard Speaker then sure bend em or atleast try to.

all in all if you've got bent pins just return the board. First letscheck your CPU though. I had this problem with a Pentium D 320 it died on me so i bought a replacement e4500 but in your case i'd just RMA your CPU and get a new one. It should work afterwards.

what does the design of the LGA have to do with anything at all? The design is just fine.

Your processor is likely dead. I would return it, and the first motherboard, and get an AMD. I understand not all intels are bad, but their LGA design seems kinda impractical. I believe AMDs are usually better, as a rule of thumb. Also, check your mobo for bent pins. This is extremely common, (in my case, 1 out of every 3 builds. If you have them, use a small object to bend them back. If you can unbend them, great. If not, return your board with the CPU. No matter how stupid you may feel, it happens to everyone. I know a friend who has built computers since the days of Windows 95, and he killed a mobo by bending one of those pesky pins in the LGA 775 socket.

Not 1/3 of every Intel board has bent pins. I don't know what your source is, but at this point in time, the rule of thumb is that Intels are better.

Another - Does everything power on, but the motherboard and things attached to it do nothing? What heatsink and case are you using?

When you applied your motherboard to the case, did you place it on the standoffs? Try taking the motherboard out and resting it on the motherboard box or something of the sort, keep everything plugged in, and turning it on, and see what happens. It could be that your board is getting grounded. I just helped my friend rebuild his computer a couple days ago, and he had this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom