All in One (Printer, Scanner etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere_in_cornwall

In Runtime
Hi whats the best value for money, Argos are doing a 3 in 1 Printer, but im not sure if you would be able to get the inks cheap enough for it to be worth it? has anyone got any ideas?

I own an HP PSC 1410. They probably have a more updated model by now, though. I think the one I have is a really good entry-level All-In-One. THe scan quality and print quality is quite good.

THe Ink cartridges are comparitively inexpensive and easy to find.

The printer itself is also pretty cheap.

Canon, It doesn't matter how cheap the actual printer is. If the ink cost half the price, you'll end up saving big $$$.

I've purchased/worked with 6 different all-in-ones at work, family and friends. 2 epson's, a lexmark, a brother and a Canon. Lexmark sucked. It stopped printing very quickly, the scans were horrible, and ink was outrageous. Brother's ADF jammed with photo paper. Epson and Canon both had great customer service. Canon ink is cheaper, but size is smaller.

I prefer the psychological reassurance of paying only $12 for an inkcartridge with Canon (I own a IP3000).

If you do a lot of documents, get one with an Auto-document feeder. If you take lots of pictures, you can get one with a memory card reader that will allow you to print directly or copy to your computer. I would go with the one CNET recommends, it's been the Canon MP's for awhile now. Depends on how much you want to spend.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3155_7-6246738-1.html?tag=prmo1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom