Alienware Aurora purchase - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Old 01-19-2016, 06:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: Alienware Aurora purchase

Originally Posted by pat_ai2009 View Post
Thanks for the feedback.. I'm going to do a full clean up right away that's the first thing... Then it sounds like first I should figure out if and how I can OC my 920 if not screw it and I'll just drop the one you mentioned above in it.. Not sure if I wanna get a ssd or a graphics card after seeing how much ssds cost for a 256 gig.. I'm Not sure.. I would be putting a OS on it and just saving the usual dvds/software/music etc so I'd imagine I wouldn't want to get one less then 500gigs

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If you're not getting a new GPU then there's no reason to purchase the faster CPU. SSDs are quite cheap and if you can't afford one then you need to concentrate on more important stuff like GPUs.

Originally Posted by pat_ai2009 View Post
Haven't figured the PSU watts yet seems like I'm going to have to take it out to check.. Can't find any specs on Google or any manuals for the Aurora that tell me the wattage.. And I didn't notice and leakage signs.. Also I'm sure there's a better aftermarket liquid cooling system to replace the old one right? Before it does start leaking which could really mess things up

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It's going to be one of the two wattages I mentioned before. I'm going to guess the 525W version, and yes you'll need to look on the unit itself to figure this out.

There are different AIOs on the market, but if this one works just take care of it and it'll be fine.

"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote