Alienware Aurora 7500??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBucksT

Baseband Member
Does anyone know if I should buy this pc. I have the money and am very interested in it. I want to be able to play BF2, and CSS and it needs to last for the next 4 years. Are Aleinwares dependable? Is it a waste of money? I am not too knowlegable about comp hardware. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank You.

I've got an alienware and love the system BUT unless they are running a $500 mail in rebate offer most people will tell you that they are too expensive. If you decide to take the plunge I suggest you make an initial review over at resellerratings.com. doing so gets one of alienware's supervisor watch the status of your PC the whole way through.

Yeah, they're a tad expensive. Over here in New Zealand they charge an extra $800 for a system that I could build for $1200. But it's a different currency, so it might be hard to judge over there. Unless you can't be bothered to build your own, then I'd buy one. If you need one to last you four years though, you maybe should wait for AM2 and the G80 to come out, then the prices will go down, or you could buy the new components that come out.

cyrax said:
Yeah, they're a tad expensive. Over here in New Zealand they charge an extra $800 for a system that I could build for $1200. But it's a different currency, so it might be hard to judge over there. Unless you can't be bothered to build your own, then I'd buy one. If you need one to last you four years though, you maybe should wait for AM2 and the G80 to come out, then the prices will go down, or you could buy the new components that come out.

Whats AM2 and G80?

AM2 is the new AMD socket. G80 is the new GPU from Nvidia.

I personally think it is a waste of money, as I enjoy building PC's, and save alot of cash, but it is your money.

Alienware is for those people with lots of money that don't do their homework. They buy whatever alienware offers on sale, or the 'best pc' they can configure on there. The place is a money pit, and in almost any case, you can save 50% building yourself.

Ryan

people buy alienware pc's because they figure that theyre the best, and dont really know that they can save a lot of money if they would just do a little research and see how to build one on thier own.

agreed, alienware is too expensive.

if you're not able to put together a comp yourself, there are a few websites out there that will build the computers for you.. and you choose all the parts. if you watn this option tell us your budget and we'll guide you along as to which parts to get.

i live in canada so i don't know which sites in the states will build comps for you.. anyone have a suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom