AGP Video Card Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand whats so confusing... I mean I set a budget for a reason therefore I am willing to spend it. I appreciate you trying to save me money but at the same time I did try to make it clear that I needed a decent video card (or at least better than the one I have now) because I work in graphic intense applications and do like to play games every once in a while (and if this upgrade allows it maybe even purchase a few new ones along the way, if not, oh well)

I'm not expecting miracles I know I have an old system, but I figure you guys are more knowledgeable when it comes to computer hardware and can offer some suggestions. I haven't paid attention to computer hardware since I first got this PC so I'm really out of the loop.

So at the same time you are mentioning that you want suggestions since you haven't paid attention to hardware, and you mention you are potentially less knowledgable than us, you crash every statement I have made.

Enjoy wasting your money.

I'm not crashing every statement you make, but at the same time I didn't think getting a suggestion on a videocard or a newegg link or something would be this complicated. If you think the one that was posted earlier is a waste of money thats fine, I won't purchase it. But I don't understand this whole "either upgrade or leave it as is" mentality, especially when what I currently have no longer works.

I think you guys are getting muddled up I believe Aaron is telling you that as the format is dying, investing $120 in it now and it is not money you will get back in 3-4 months selling it secondhand. I reccomend that if the card works but the fan is dead that you buy a new cooler for it however if your adamant about getting a new card the first post I made is the best agp card that money can buy for its cheapest price normally its around $180-200 that one is greatly reduced and comes in budget.

Well I'm not set on buying that specific card, I only went with it because you had suggested it. Trust me I'd be more than happy buying something a lot cheaper that'll still get the job done :p If the card will indeed bottleneck my computer then I agree, there is no point in buying it. But I've been out of the loop for so long I wouldn't even know what to look for as a good alternative.

I did not mean for things to escalate the way they did and I apologize.

(Also, well the reason I am adamant about buying a new card is this one has been giving me problems for a while anyway)

Get the one I reccomended as its top of the range for agp it will hold its value much better then another model, as it is the best currently and more then likely will always be the best for agp. You processor may bottleneck it slightly but that isn't a huge issue as it will run as fast as your hardware allows

will my existing hardware (my power supply mostly) be able to handle it?

Your powersupply is a bit rubbish but yeah it should be ok the orion's aren't a very reliable brand though and it is a few years old now I would imagine...... May be worth investing in a new one as the psu standard doesn't change very often it should last you a good number of years.

Hmm yeah thats what i was worried about. I could always get a more low-end card? I don't know, just don't want to drop $120 and have it not work after a few months because of the psu (really can't afford to upgrade everything right now, and when i do i plan on buying a new computer altogether)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom