AGP or PCI??

Status
Not open for further replies.
no go with an amd build get a 4200+ and a msi mobo for £110 then £80 on 2x1gb ram look for a deal at 800mhz and for the £110 left over you can get a 7900gt by vga then when you have some more cash upgrade to a 8800gts/gtx

I dont know what to do now :confused:
I didnt know i could get them all so cheap, i had over a grand in my head for a new comp.
By year end i'll be travelling around so i'll need something portable. So investing alot in this comp will only be short term. Its all going to Ireland so i'll be buying in €€€

What would you get for this system just to continue using it for another 6-9 months?

Thx for all the feedback

Heres what im using atm-pretty outdated, it plays hl2, dm of M&M fine, its just graphics card holding me bck from NN2, oblivion and supreme commander

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 (IE 7.0)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2533 MHz (19 x 133)
Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton 2 D845EPT2 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845E
System Memory 1024 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (09/10/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT (128 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 XT
Monitor Dell E772p [17" CRT] (5P09928HC9J7)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD1981A @ Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1]
Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9708/11 @ Creative SB Live! 5.1 Digital (SB0220) Sound Card

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Storage Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller
Storage Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST380021A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive CN1935B YRH817B SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive PHILIPS DVD+RW-D28
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 16284 MB (8016 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 60000 MB (9517 MB free)
Total Size 74.5 GB (17.1 GB free)

everything is allot cheaper when self building it is only when your going sub £300 and you want an entire system that dell or other companies turn out ontop because they make mass orders of cheap and poor quality goods. just to give you an idea my build if I had bought from dell at the time of purchasing the parts would of cost me £3100 and I wold of got the normal hardware extras (printer, monitor, keyboard) but I limited to the software and support to the minimum. To build it myself not only did I get the parts I wanted and a relatively unique case but also complete control over the software on it so I could design it around my needs it cost me around £1500 and now that I have modded it the total cost is £1750 quite a saving :D

Well you could try a mini pc for a bit higher price say about £700 you can make a pc which is only 7"x6"x8" (WxDxH) portable and efficient and it will give you better performance then a laptop but you obviously need to plug it into some form of screen i.e. monitor, tv

Talkin' about that pico-ITX motherboard you wanted as a present...huh saltynay...lol...

no I was thinking of the mini-itx pico is much smaller a pico itx system is about the same as an ipod and is much more expensive. mini-itx sets you back but not by much

yes but its not retail available and it wouldn't be a pc it would have to be like a smart phone. UMPC's the mini pc's use a nano-itx board. pico-itx has literally only just come out I think there are only 2 boards in that size form and they difference between them is which cpu has been inlaid. femtoo is a number isn't it?

I think ill jsut get video card for this one, i can leave it all with my brother when im done.

I'm going to be travelling around day to day, i'll need to be able to carry it with me, laptops the way to go there i think

How do i get info on my psu? To see if it can handle the new card?

You would have to open up the case, and look at the wattage and amps on the +12v rails. It should say on the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom