AGP with AMD Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating again. Sorry if I'm being annoying. :p

I have a question, though. When I get this new processor and motherboard, am I going to need to reformat my hard drive and do a clean install of windows, or can I boot up into XP and just install the motherboard drivers? Also, this board supports SATA hard drives, which I do not have currently. What would happen if, say, I bought a SATA HD to run windows off of, and had an older HD that doesn't have SATA for saving my mp3's and what not on? Would that be possible? Would it slow down the system at all?

Nukem said:
You will need to reformat either way... use the sata for the OS and the IDE as a slave to have all your data on...

I will just need to reformat the data on the C: drive that I run Windows off of then, correct? I won't have to also reformat my D: drive with most all of my data on, will I?

I remember last time I went to reformat my C: drive it ended up reformatting BOTH the C: and D: drives without me knowing, and I lost all of my important data on my D: drive. Any way to prevent that from happening this time?

If you want to be absolutely sure... swap out the hard drives leaving the old one out. Install/Format windows onto the new drive. then after al the updates, program installs, etc... are done, THEN install the old drive as an IDE cable select... then you won't have to worry. you will be able to move all your data onto the new drive after it's all done, then format the old one to get rid of all the junk and you have a new (old) drive strictly for storage... :) Sounds more confusing than it really is... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom