AGP 8x Nvidia GeForce 5200GX 256MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinker

Baseband Member
My friend and I were debating if this is a good card for gaming or not. I said it is not a good card. He says it is. What are your guys' opinions?

hey if your on a budget.. and just want to get by.. that card will not do you harm.... considering my onboard piece of crap does me some good with cs source... running full setting 1024x768... well no AA

NosBoost300 said:
hey if your on a budget.. and just want to get by.. that card will not do you harm..

True :)

It will play older game's no problem,But if you want to play today's game's you will have to play everything on lowest setting's :(

My freind has the 5200 (I think 128) and it is everything on lowest and 800 X 600 and he then only gets low 40's. Btw. he thinks that V memory is all that matters, when it is a combination of core and mem speed and pipelines.

You can play good games like Counter-Strike ------ that never gets old. I love that game.

There's absolutely no reason not to get the FX 5500. It's virtually the same price, and does run games. It's like 50-60 bucks max. And remember, when you're dealing with cards like those low-end ones, video memory is NOT the way you determine which one to buy. Anything over 128 is frivilous.

Ryan

Yah, I would recommend an fx5500. I bought an fx5200 awhile ago for my crappy downstairs computer and it does play games, but with low 40's. My friend brought over his 5500, and yes I noticed that the frame rate, when it dropped, never dropped significantly low, and i managed to add a setting to the game.

To answer your question, it's a decent card if your really not doing anything with it otherwise it's crap.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Anything over 128 is frivilous.

Ryan

i have an FX5500 PCI 256mb and it runs in runs everything pretty good whats wrong with going over 128 on a low-end card anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom