is agp 4x any good for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeForz

Solid State Member
just wondering if agp 4x is a good slot for gaming. i have never heard of this slot for gaming before. here is the reason why.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-2-Dell-Prec...833215713QQcategoryZ44941QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rite now both boards are at 15 bucks. i plan to get a xeon for gaming, being that they are rather cheap and i can get two of them on one board. but i have never heard of that agp 4x by itself. i have only saw it with agp 8x. what is this 4x and what kind of cards does it use. also what is a vrm slot. thanks alot.

link doesnt work

but you want a PCIE16 slot as it is the latest, and all the new video cards are coming out in PCIE

cool, so that board is one to stay away from. but do they make a board for a xeon that is PCIe and under 500 bucks. apparently the item is gone or something so that link is gone for good.thanks for all of the info.

Xeons are terrible for gaming. Xeon's are server processors, you'll commonly see them in server stacks. If its Intel you want for gaming, get a Pentium 4. If you go the AMD route, than the Athlon 64's, 64 X2's, or Opterons (for overclocking) would be good. and if you make a gaming PC, do what PZEROFGH said: use PCI-Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom