After purchase....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fais7

Baseband Member
I've just ordered a pc for my *girl*friend. Basically, I'm making a computer shop assemble a pc for her with all the specs/parts I needed.
Now I don't trust these shops 100% to put in exactly what I want. So I need some online site or software that enables me to check the hardware. Can someone help me with this....

Now these are my basic specs.
Intel E4500
Gigabyte P35 DS3-L
1 GB corsair XMS2 ram
Western Digital 320 GB HDD
Gigabyte 6600 GT [256MB]

Now I'd like to know what software I should install to monitor things like the Graphic card, HDD etc and what are the drivers I should avoid or install.

Thanks in advance.....

Are you talking about monitoring temperatures? If so, then use Everest or Core Temp to monitor the CPU, HDD, etc...

If Everest cannot monitor the graphic card, use ATI Tool.

what I understand is that you want to check if they put in the parts you wanted?

Use pc wizard, everst, and there's a few others but they will show what hardware is in the comp.

hes proberly talking about the drivers, the hardware should come with cds for the driver.

I think you guy's slightly misundesrstood him. he wants to know if all his parts genuine parts that he ordered from a online store and computer shop he also does not want to have the wrong parts and some dumb *** shop didn't jack him.

If usiing windows 2000 XP or Vista go to your hardware manager to make sure all the parts you installed are listed right... if not its time to get the right parts or a exchange or refund.

also use this search from google

hardware checking software - Google Search

all the above replies are more or less what I needed to know....thanks all.... :D

about the drivers, some say some drivers should be avoided...do any of the drivers that come with the computer hardware be avoided....

BTW, I'll be running XP pro for now...

one more thing, what graphic card/mother board temperature is normal temperature....cause I havent installed a side fan for now...

Thanks all....

For the graphic card - 40-50C idle, 60-75C load.
Motherboard - about 30-40C idle, 40-55C load.

You would need to install the motherboard drivers, that came on the CD, which is included with the motherboard. Don't use the driver CD that came with the GFX card. Always download the latest from Nvidia's website.

the GPU temp is at 53'c at Idle...
how do I monitor the motherboard temp???

use core temp to monitor the cpu' temp, or everest.

The bios is always the most accurate, so I would check that first and then compare it with the idle temps your getting with the softwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom