Affordable GPU upgrade?

Brids17

Baseband Member
I'm looking to upgrade my GPU but I don't have a ton of money to invest in a new one. I've got a Radeon HD 7850 currently and would like something more powerful but I also don't want to spend a fortune on it either. Ideally something in the $300 range would be great and $400+ is too much. I know this kind of question must get asked a lot but when trying to find one myself, I kept finding various GPUs that were the same but from a different manufacurer or would have minor different specs and yet would have vastly different price differences. =\

Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5 760 2.6ghz, 8gb RAM. And by area do you mean where I live? In which case I live in Canada.

Out of curiosity, isn't the exactly the same only cheaper?

Newegg.ca - ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

This is why I couldn't figure out the price differences...
It's currently on sale, as the DCU2 cards are typically more expensive due to an elaborate cooler which will cause you PCB sag later. So I don't recommend those.

And actually after doing a bit of proper research (not the gpuboss site, those boss sites are rubbish) it isn't feasible to spend the extra 50-100 on a 670. Just get the 760 as it performs almost the same.

Out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know if an Antec Earth Watts EA-650 PSU would have the right connectors for the 760 would you? I've never installed anything into my computer before but I think I could handle installing a graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom