Advice wither to upgrade my gpu now, or wait next year. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2014, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 164
Default Advice wither to upgrade my gpu now, or wait next year.

Pc specs at the bottom.
I really want to upgrade my gpu to the Asus strix gtx 980 by the end of December. Would that be a great solution or should I wait out until the new intel cpus roll out in 2015 and do a whole new system build. Pc is mostly used for gaming at 1080p high or maxed out setting.

Thanks for your inputs.

Intel Coreô i5-3570K @ 4.1
Patriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division Viper 2 Edition DDR3 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC3-12800
HyperX Genesis 4GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 2GB) w/ Intel XMP
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC
Corsair HX650
Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 Solid State Drive SATA III Boot Drive
2TB Seagate + 500 GB Seagate
Coolmaster Storm Sniper Black Edition
The_Lyrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
PP Mguire's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,285
Default Re: Advice wither to upgrade my gpu now, or wait next year.

Your 3570k is fine, but I would wait for GM210 before upgrading. Should roll out some time in the beginning of next year.
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need your sincere advice about what I may do starting next year... -RockMan- Technology Careers and Education 8 12-06-2009 03:57 PM
Should I upgrade now, or wait until next year for a new build. Jewels New Systems | Building and Buying 27 08-08-2008 10:40 PM
GPU, upgrade now or wait? TheDiceman New Systems | Building and Buying 21 05-04-2007 05:49 PM
AM2 to wait or not to wait Nitestick New Systems | Building and Buying 143 05-26-2006 12:41 AM
To wait or not to wait? That is the question! HAVOC New Systems | Building and Buying 7 01-20-2006 08:27 PM

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.