Advice on Processor - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Advice on Processor

Hey yall, just wanted to get some thoughts on which one i should put in my new pc that im building, im upgrading from a 1.6ghz ( yikes ) and looking to get a 3.0 or higher, but i am not all that good with knowing what to get, i have been looking at new egg and nxic to find some, i have looked at the combo deals to get a new motherboard with it, just not enough knowledge to know what to get, i hear I5 are good but idk how good the graphics are on the ones that are intergrated. also been looking at AMD. looking to spend between 400 to 600 bucks. Here is a couple that i found, any advice would be greatly appreciated! - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord of Bacon
Default Re: Advice on Processor

What are you primarily using this for, and are you reusing components from your old build?

The combos are not complete builds, you'll also need: Case, power supply, optical drive, and the AMD build would need a video card.
Also, the first two are using green hard drives, which are very slow; and the AMD has an SSD which is fast, but not much storage space.

Please read through the thread thoroughly before responding.
Nobody wants to read a wall of text, formatting is your friend.

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i know that they are not complete builds, i have other parts waiting for the processor and mother board mainly. I will be using the build for Gaming ( SWtor ) and a little bit of photoshop. I aprreciate the advice on them, anymore will be appreciated! I have the Case, Power Supply, Optical Drive, and a AMD Radeon hd 6300 graphics card if i need it. The drive and graphics card are being reused, they are barely used that im taking from my fairly new computer, but the Case and Power supply are Brand new, i also have a 1tb hard drive that is brand new sitting around as well
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

What power supply? If it is is an off-model, you are endangering your entire system.
__________________ Steam Account
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It is a Cosair 750w, here is the link to it - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Closed Thread