Advice for a new build....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge_00

In Runtime
Hey Folks,
Just after some advice and information on a new build that I'm planning on doing...

I was going to build a new system for early 2011, either Intel\AMD but a few things I've noticed

Firstly, Intel is releasing sandybridge in early Jan- and the new core (by looking at the preliminary benchmarks, which can be vastly different from the release ones i know...) looks to be a really good development for the new i7 core systems... I'm 90% sure I'll wait for this core to be released as it will drive the prices down for current cpu prices... I'd be interested in seeing the Ivy Bridge ones though as performance will be important in this system.. So does anyone know the release dates for IB? Also is it worth the wait for at least Sandy Bridge as an indicator for possibilities?

Also both AMD and Intel plan on releasing new sockets- LGA 2011 and AMD 3... Does anyone have any idea on release dates? I'd really hate to be upgrading motherboards as well in a short while... I do prefer AMD on the motherboard front though as they seem to keep to a single socket idea for a decent period of time... Intel seem to push new sockets every once and a while... The 2011 socket seems to have pretty good improvements though, like new PCI-e and USB...

I know it will be a case of the waiting game... But I was wondering how long i should wait, Q1\Q2|Q3 of 2011? When will we see some idea on the new set-ups?

There will always be something new, and prices will fluctuate. I say buy it now, upgrade later. The minute you buy your computer, something new will be out.

What is your budget? I built an i5 computer for around $1,000. See sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom