Advice on cpu/gpu/ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukito098

Beta member
Hi, I'm planning to either purchase or build a new computer this summer, for general everyday use and casual gaming. I'm planning to go with XP rather than Vista, and I'm leaning toward an Intel CPU rather than AMD. Any advice on what would be a good combination of CPU, GPU, and RAM for my purposes?
/edit
Right now I'm just asking about the tower, with a budget of around $1000... but with compelling enough reasons I can probably go as high as $1200.

Welcome to Tech Forums!!

It's good that you told us what you will be using the computer for, but we also need a budget to work with :) And are you looking for just the tower, or will you need a keyboard/mouse and monitor as well?

Just wondering why you would suggest the 9600GT over the 8800GT. The 9600GT from what I have read, is half of everything the 8800GT has at a lower cost. Whereas you can throw in a few more bucks and get the 8800GT instead? :freak:

the 8800gt is only slightly better, for a much higher price. $160-180ish vs $120-130ish.
cod4-1280.gif

With a budget of $1000 to $1200 you could easily go with an 8800gts instead or since its a build for later in the summer wait and see what the 9 series brings out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom