Advice on buying a computer for college

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have one similar going to build for less than 2000.

and bought DVD and a couple of magazines that tell step by step how to build. go buy one that i think just came out it is PCGAMER titled PC BULDING BIBLE 2006. it is very easy to understand. i didnt know anything a month ago but i will say if you are set on buying dont learn anything else about the parts and how much they cost. cause once you "know" you'll never buy a prebuilt one! ever !

"it has IEEE for your video capturing and such but another pci card cost about 15 if u need more"

thanks for all of that man, but could you explain ^^ a bit more...
haha i dont really know what all of that means

and what about a sound card?

it looks like im gonna be building this thing... i just need to get everything in order and make sure ive got a couple of people around here to help me out

by the way the 2000 price could be exceeded a bit, but i wouldnt want to go aboue 2100ish... i mean if anyone has a great idea that might cost a little more... keeping in mind that im not such a huge gamer. And im willing to spend more money now in order to make sure that this thing keeps cool and is dependable for 4 years. Im going to a pretty tough school and i need to be sure that this thing is gonna be there for me because ill be relying it very frequently

ieee 1394 is the interface on almost every video camera since the mid nineties, its much faster and higher quality than usb 2.0 its the best way to capture video from your camera and put it on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom