Advice for a bit of an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwaite

Beta member
Hi all,

I am reasonably dim when it comes to computer components, and have tried my best scanning through the internet to get the answers I need but to no avail.

So I was wondering if anyone with a good computer knowledge could help out a novice to pick between the following graphics cards and help me identify if a CPU my friend gave me is better than my current one, so here goes:

For info my current Mobo is an ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A32-MVP DELUXE Rev 1.xx

I'm stuck between the following cards either:

Asus HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

or

Inno3D GTX 460 SE Green Edition 1GB GDDR5 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card.

Is it possible to crossfire the HD 5670? If so I would definately be buying two of those, however one of my friends informed me that even with crossfiring it still wouldn't exceed the GTX 460, hence my confusion :D

Or if there is a card which maybe you would think is better and would recommend then I'm open for suggestions. I don't really want to exceed the £130.00 level if I can help it, and both of these cards fall nicely into my budget.

The current CPU I have is:

3.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

My friend has found a unused AMD Athlon 64 X2 7550 2.5 GHz Socket AM2+ 2MB Cache which he bought a few months back and forgot about it.

Unfortunately as I have mentioned I don't really have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to computers so it may as well be written in Arabic as I don't understand any of it :lol:

So any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ross

Thanks for the reply,

I will be really only playing Wow, and Football manager on this system as I own a Xbox 360 and play the majority of shooters etc on that.

The Radeon HD 5770 is it crossfire capable?

Unfortunately the chip my friend gave to me came to an unfortunate end when my labrador ate it 2 hours ago...... I was less than impressed.

As far as processors go, is there any that are compatible which arn't to high priced that you could recommend that would work with my mobo?

Cheers!

It is crossfire capable. But for playing those games, you are just wasting money on crossfire.

What motherboard do you have?

Thanks for the advice re the crossfire, I will look at getting that one then sounds like a nice card that.

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A32-MVP DELUXE Rev 1.xx is my mobo.

Cheers fella

Thanks bud for the advice.

Think I'll go for the card you suggested, and will probably stick to the processor I have until I get a new Mobo in the future.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom