Additional cards not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

raulworth

Solid State Member
I've got the Antec 1200.

I've been trying to get the display working on the computer.

The onboard video appears to be disabled and when adding a graphicas card, it is too long to fit into the board and casing.

The metal on the card to fit into the casing is too thick.

The motherboard is an AM2 Athlon 6000 Dual core processor.

The cards I've tried to use are Radeon All-In-One Wonder 7500 and Radeon Sapphire 9200.

The cards are the same length.

Do you know if the PCI Express Video Card is not as long and would be able to fit into the casing and motherboard.

the Antec 1200 easily large enough to fit the Radeon 9xxx series cards... the radeon 9200 series uses the AGP interface... if you've got a new mobo which has PCIe, you'll need a new card which utilises the newer PCIe interface... there's a whole bunch of cheap one around these days... the Radeon HD 38xx or 48xx series are good value for money, or the GeForce 8800/9600GT will serve you well

What kind of motherboard do you have? An AM2 Athlon 6000 Dual core processor is not a motherboard.

Just about any video card should fit fine in a antec 1200, may be it is an AGP card but a PCIe bus?

These are the specifications of the motherboard bundle.

The motherboard is a:
ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 motherboard with performance heatsink and fan

Bundled Package Contents
Extreme performance gaming bundle
6000 AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core processor
1GB DDR2 800Mhz KINGSTON memory included
Socket 940 AM2 processor
ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 motherboard with performance heatsink and fan
Geforce6100/ nforce430 chipset
Onboard Nvidia® Geforce 6100GS graphics supporting up to 256MB
Fast PCI-Express X16 graphics port for future graphics expansion
AMD® ''Cool ‘n' Quiet'' technology
sHyperTransportâ„¢ technology
Supports dual-channel DDR2 533/667/800 up to 8GB
6-channel audio
10/100 LAN for for ultra-fast networking and broadband
Expansion slots: 1 x PCI-E X8, 1 x PCI Express X1, 2 x PCI slots
Supports 4 x SATA devices, RAID 0 and RAID 1
1x IDE port for 2 x Ultra DMA133 devices, 4 x USB 2.0 ports
AMD LIVE ready and Windows Vista ready

Metal Covering Ports
The metal at the back of the PC, to be removed when adding additional cards, is not as thick as the graphic cards.

The metal covering the ports latches on with a hook and then the standard screw at the top of the panel, securing it in place.

This metal should slot into a part of the casing, but is too thick for the graphics card to slot into.

u need a new gfx card that is pci-e, ur trying to put a agp card in a pci-e slot

bustypedrwng.gif

Yes sir, you need a pci-e graphics card, that's your problem. Looks like you're trying to install an agp or pci card into the new pci-e slot and that's just not going to work. PCI Express is totally different.

And I'm pretty sure your mobo's integrated video is at least as powerful as either of the cards you listed, anyways, even if they were compatible.

Re: monitor not being detected

Added a second video card 'ASUS GF8400GS PCI-E 256mb DDR2' to the PCI-E slot.

Upon booting up the machine, the monitor still displays a no signal message.

Any suggestions.

Am sure I'm overlooking something very basic.

Did you remember to plug in the 4 pin connector on the motherboard? (It is a white plastic connector located left of the middle of the board, if looking at the motherboard installed in the standard case layout.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom