Adding a second video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not usually how those work lol.

It splits 1 video source, right? Only 1 video signal is coming through that port, so you're sending that signal to 2 devices.

Why do you think video cards have 2 outputs on them? So that you can split to 2 different video devices properly, each independant of the other because they're on the card.

lol so does that mean i was right about the crossfire?
(if it does i deserve a star xD)

"well from what i heard is that you need a video card same brand as yours you got in your pc like radeon or other gpu makers (i am absolutely not sure about this) i think you need to set up cross fire to so that the graphics cards can work together with a cross fire bridge (mainly on like 3D games) and you just add another monitor and good to go. please don't take my word for it because im somewhat a tech newb (i wait that what rank i am xD)"

They were slim case computers, so I'm guessing they used some special video card.. Every room had one for the teacher and these were the only computers of their types in the entire school (the student computers were different). Disregard my comments about the adapter :tongue:

lol so does that mean i was right about the crossfire?
(if it does i deserve a star xD)

"well from what i heard is that you need a video card same brand as yours you got in your pc like radeon or other gpu makers (i am absolutely not sure about this) i think you need to set up cross fire to so that the graphics cards can work together with a cross fire bridge (mainly on like 3D games) and you just add another monitor and good to go. please don't take my word for it because im somewhat a tech newb (i wait that what rank i am xD)"

This is only true if you want to connect the cards.

You don't need too to just run multi monitors. Its easiest with 2 nvidia or ati/amd cards for driver reasons, but not nessesary to have like brand cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom