Adding Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccoady

Solid State Member
Hi, I went to Crucial Technologies and with some help from them was able to figure which ram stick I needed. What I need is a (512) CT6464Z265 stick of ram which is listed at $68.99 but this seems rather high at least for me. I figured since they are a factory store they might have the best prices but I guess not. I see at newegg they have ram that is similar for around $50 but it is a CT6464Z265.8T do you think this is the same? If you click on the manufacturer link from that item it takes you to the CT6464Z265 listed on their website.

If you are buying Crucial Ram should you buy it from them (any advantages?) or just wherever you find it the cheapest? Thanks!

crucial ram, which is 50 dollars for 512mb stick is the same as corsair valueselect 512mb for 50 dollars...

Well I just wanted to make sure the two versions of Crucial ram were indeed the same before I ordered from newegg, I wish I could have this verified.

yes they are the same, you can buy it from newegg. usually they sell it higher then newegg. well most places sell higher then newegg

I know this is a stupid question but I got the Crucial ram and how do you know which way it goes in, it seems to go in either way? Will it read immediately under Properties in My Computer as additional ram? Can you actually put it in backwards and mess something up or will it just refuse to work?

Theres cut outs in the ram card that it well only fit in the slot one way so odnt worry about putting it in the wrong way. Its very easy to see even if you do but it in the wrong way it won't fit in there right and you wel beable to tell.

Well I put it in what I thought was the right way but my computer does not read it as being added. I had 512 ram already and this new ram is 512 but it's still only showing 512 after adding Crucial ram. And yes it seems to fit either way but I'm afraid to switch it around, but since it doesn't show up as working does that mean I have it backward or is there another explaination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom