Adding Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left my computer on overnight so i could download the new patch for WoW that is coming out on tuesday. when i woke up i checked the HDDH and found a few changes... Perhaps this will help further narrow down the issue. As you can see the thing on the SMART page has gone from red to blue... i dont know what that means, but its different... and the D Drive has a whole new thing that is now RED... also the Health of the D Drive has a "Nearest T.E.C." date... what does T.E.C. stand for?

Attachments

• D Drive SMART2.JPG
    D Drive SMART2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 10
  • D Drive Health2.JPG
    D Drive Health2.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 10
  • C Drive SMART2.JPG
    C Drive SMART2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 10
oh yea... i bought new memory for my girlfriends computer because memtest86 said the old memory was bad... and we still had the same problem after i installed the new memory on her computer... so while it needed to be done... it didnt fix the problem... (she is having the same WoW issues as I am... loss of textures... game crashes... etc...)

And what is her complete build specifications?

Have you tried updating, windows, game patch, Video card driver, Flash BIOS?
For both computers..

Ok, I was just playing and shrunk down to see if you had replied and I got an error message from what i am assuming is HDDH. Im pretty sure, that everything is up to date... but will double check right now... will post again when i find out one way or another... :)

She has a similar set up to mine.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego
MB: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 7600 GS
Memory: 1G Kingston PC3200 (512 x 2) - (just bought yesterday)

Attachments

• Error Page.JPG
    Error Page.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 10
Its possible that your Harddrive is going, so just make sure you have back ups of everything you deem to be important..
Other than that, you can either wait it out, or buy another Harddrive to see if thats a problem right off.

As for the other computer, I would again make sure BIOS is flashed, all patchs are updated, all drivers are updated and windows is up to date before anything else is done.

ok... it looks like my bios is out of date... and the asus website says i need to update my chipset driver in order to update my bios... but i cant figure out what chipset driver version i have... im 99% sure i have the correct one... but i dont want to take any chances if asus says it will mess everything up if i update the bios and i dont have the updated chipset drivers...

ps... i have to go out for most of the day today... so if you dont hear from me... thats why... i will probably work on this a lot tomorrow...

thanks a million for all your help ste... i appreciate it a lot... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom