Adding Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECC is a property of some more expensive memory that basically stands for error correction. You don't need to worry about it since, ECC memory is normally only used in servers and other expensive work stations/super computers. Most Personnal Computers do not use ECC memory, as many standard motherboards do not support ECC.

Not really, technically yes, but its nothing one would be able to notice...
For most people anyways..

ECC memory is not really intended for the gamer or the common PC user, like I said it it most often used in workstations, servers and supercomputers. So even if ECC memory is slightly slower than normal memory, its not usually a problem in these circumstances.

Ok... I let Memtest86 run overnight... it ran for 9+hours... and made 15 passes with no errors... so my memory is just fine... any other ideas what could be causing the problems im having?

also i am going to run memtest on my girlfriends computer today because she is having the same problem with WoW that i am having... ie loss of textures, game crashes... etc

again thanks for everyones help with this problem... :D

ok... this is part bump... part update... ran memtest86 on my girlfriends computer... and in 6 hours... there were 41 errors... so it looks like i need to get new memory for her... beyond that... any idea what i can do to my computer to keep it from crashing?

It took me a little while to figure out how to do the screenshots. But here they are. If this isn't the page you were looking for from HDD Health, let me know and I will post the correct one. The 120GB drive is my C drive. I have Windows, Trend-Micro, and all the files/programs that I use to accomplish something important (MS Office, etc)... The 160GB HD is my D drive. Thats used purely for gaming, movies and music. You know... the fun stuff. hehe

Attachments

• D Drive Info (Games and Fun Drive).JPG
    D Drive Info (Games and Fun Drive).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 17
  • C Drive Info (Windows and System Files Drive).JPG
    C Drive Info (Windows and System Files Drive).JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 18
ok... here are the new screenshot of the correct pages of HDDH... when i looked at the program last night, there wasnt anything that was red like there is today... what does that mean?

Attachments

• C Drive SMART.JPG
    C Drive SMART.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 16
  • C Drive Health.JPG
    C Drive Health.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 16
  • D Drive SMART.JPG
    D Drive SMART.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 16
  • D Drive Health.JPG
    D Drive Health.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 17
Well, Its "POSSIBLE" that these problems are being caused by an overheating Harddrive, so You could try to have an extra fan on your drive, or use it outside of the case for awhile. Just to see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom