Adding a 3.5" Floppy drive(internal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBnJelly

Solid State Member
Hello all, I have an eMachines T3302, which does not come with a 3.5" floppy from the factory, but I want to add one that I have from another computer. I pulled the case off, and none of the IDE cables will fit the slot on the back of the floppy. There only seems to be two IDE slots on the MOBO-one for the CD/DVD drive, the other for the Digital Media Manager. Is there an adapter out there that will work with my set-up?

A floppy cable is only 34 Pins, EIDE is 40 pins, you should have 2 EIDE Channels and 1 Floppy Channel.. If you only have 2 EIDE Channels then you cannot put a floppy drive in. I am not aware of an adapter for Floppy to EIDE...

Thank you for the info, even if it isn't the best news. I guess I am going to actually have to purchase an external unit...:eek:

i cant find any info based on the system you have if it comes with a floppy channell or not, but if you have a slot that is slightly smaller than the IDE channels that hook up your optical and hard drives, then you have a floppy connection. It looks like your system has a media card reader. any reason why you need a floppy?

95% of computers have a floppy slot.. more than likely you have 2 ide slots and 1 floppy slot..

If you cant find those you shouldnt be trying to do this :D but if they are not there u will need external and if you can get a thumb drive floppys suck

and you will need a specific floppy cable for that... and jeesh if ur really in need ill send you a cable..

see ya

Actually, both of my bosses are old school, and they just want to transfer small files in a way that doesn't hurt their brains too much. Thanx for the replies, though, I'm pretty sure that it only has 2 larger-pin EIDE slots, so I'll figure something else out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom