Acer Aspire T690 upgrade

acertime

Beta member
Hello all. For the last few days i have been searching the webs and numerous forums and have yet to come to a conclusion on what it is i need to do to upgrade the cpu. I have found one that i believe will work with my chipset (946GZT/ INTEL ICH7). However I am not entirely clear on the whole thing. I believe the one currently installed is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 and the one I would like is the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 at 2.13 GHz. Is there any better chip I could grab that will work with my board?

Just for info (even though I may have to) I really do not want to put in a new board since I just got done with a reinstall and a complete visual overhaul.

Be nice please. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hello all. For the last few days i have been searching the webs and numerous forums and have yet to come to a conclusion on what it is i need to do to upgrade the cpu. I have found one that i believe will work with my chipset (946GZT/ INTEL ICH7). However I am not entirely clear on the whole thing. I believe the one currently installed is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 and the one I would like is the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 at 2.13 GHz. Is there any better chip I could grab that will work with my board?

Just for info (even though I may have to) I really do not want to put in a new board since I just got done with a reinstall and a complete visual overhaul.

Be nice please. Thanks in advanced.

You can't put Intel cpu on an AMD board or can't put AMD cpu on an Intel board, it doesn't work that way.

Okay..thanks for the two answers. Here's another delima. I do not know weather the board is amd since i have not removed it from the case itself. My startup does not give me the board info and i dont believe the bios does either. From reading online and from acer/ asus themselves i came to the conclusion that it could take an intel cpu. Am i wrong?

Googling the model of your PC says it's currently running a Pentium D, and the information you provided in parentheses gave me the model of your motherboard here.

For future reference the best and easiest way to detect what's in your PC motherboard/CPU wise is use CPU-Z.

Well holy crap..i guess frantically searching and reading over everything in only a few days I had everything backwards and overlapping. Thanks for clarifying it.

Back
Top Bottom