about to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argilus

In Runtime
I still have a decent running computer. Although it it's proformance with uptodate games is really laggy. I was thinking of just uping my Processor, with my motherboard I have now, I don't think I can take the processor out and get a faster one, probably take out the motherboard I have now, and buy a new one.

"GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard "

I was also thinking a AM2 Athlon 64 3200+

would there be anything else I need for this upgrade given my current hardware? Or do I need to up anything else?

Help please. I've been out of the computer tech hardware knowedge know how for sometime now, so things are kind of sketchy.

You would need an AM2 board if you would want to put in that CPU and also if you got a new AM2 mobo the X2 3600 is a lot faster than that.

You would need an AM2 board if you would want to put in that CPU and also if you got a new AM2 mobo the X2 3600 is a lot faster than that.

wow, you seem to be in every thread.

i agree with Sora. X2 3600 and an AM2 board is probably the best upgrade but you will also need to get some DDR2 memory

wow, you seem to be in every thread.

i agree with Sora. X2 3600 and an AM2 board is probably the best upgrade but you will also need to get some DDR2 memory

Well, the thing is, price is kinda an issue here, so if you can find something that's $ 60 or less.

Is your current PC the one in your specs?
if so you will need a new graphics card to go in that board

you will also need new DDR2 memory to go with it because its AM2
$60 for this upgrade is not going to work

Mobo
CPU
RAM
GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom