About to buy. help a newb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adalaa

Beta member
Hey all, I'm about to purchase the parts for my first PC. I ended up going way over the price I wanted to pay, but I guess that should have been expected. Any last suggestions on my build? Will be using it for games, watching videos & work. I tend to run multiple applications and tabs etc and don't want it to slow. I'm after a PC that will last a while, but can be upgraded for my games(if I need to). When I started choosing parts and researching, I knew nothing so any last minute feedback would be great.

Thank you :D

E

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 SATA II 7200RPM 32M $59.00

Vantec ION2 520W Ultra Quite $59.00

CoolerMaster Storm Scout Gaming Black Case With Red Led(NoPSU) $103.00

LiteON IHAS324SATA DVD-RW 24X Black Retail $35.00

G Skill 4G(2x2G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 9-9-9-24(CL9D-4GBNQ) $53.00

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Universal Cooler $32.00

ASUS PCE-N13 WLAN PCI-Express Low Profile $38.00

Logitech MK250 Wireless Desktop $29.00

Intel Core i7 2600 Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU $298.00

Gigabyte GTX560 OC 1G GDDR5 PCIE DualLink DVI $230.00

Asus P8P67V3 P67 4DDR3 D12PH 2400OC RAID GLAN PCIE16 2FW SA3 ATX STEP3 $188.00

dont get that power supply, get a corsair or antec of around 650 watts
that case is great
beware of wireless keyboards and mice - my experience is a lot of batteries... so ill never do that again. they seem to be better for htpc type setups...
probably dont need a card that advertises that it is OC. just OC it yourself. xfx branded cards are recommended here more as well because of their excellent warrranty.

I use a Logitech wireless M305 mouse and wireless K250 keyboard. I had to change my battery on my keyboard twice since I bought it in March. My mouse, I have to change the batteries about every month. Wireless devices have gone a long way.

And I use these all day. Never turning them off.

I use a wireless mouse from microsoft, I've only had to change the batteries once every 2-4 months, and it is constantly on.
Ill get the model later but it might be something to look into.

dont get that power supply, get a corsair or antec of around 650 watts
that case is great
beware of wireless keyboards and mice - my experience is a lot of batteries... so ill never do that again. they seem to be better for htpc type setups...
probably dont need a card that advertises that it is OC. just OC it yourself. xfx branded cards are recommended here more as well because of their excellent warrranty.

But isn't the warranty voided if you OC it?

They don't have to know that, Yerf. You'd be doing a software OC, not like they do hardware OCs. I think, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom