About to build a PC But......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
I want to upgrade the old computer so my parents and sister can use it. I just want to upgrade the memory and the hardrive. I don't know if the processor has anything to do with it, but I want to upgrade the computer from a 40GB to a least a 80 or 100 or 160. I know I have to use PC2700 for memory, so I'm not worried about that. I don't know if a new harddrive will help speed up a computer. But is there a certain type I have to buy? If in case I have to change the processor, its a 325 Intel Cleron D processor 325. My parents just want it to check e-mail and my sister just uses it to download I-Tunes. I go that computer in 2004. Thanks Your help will be useful.

If your parents and sister, just use it for e-mail and downloading, you don't really need to upgrade the memory. Just the hard drive. A new hard drive won't speed up your computer.

It depends on which type of hard drive you have to buy. Do you know if your computer has SATA ports?

But do you know if your computer supports SATA?...because it's a little better than IDE, which is what ATA uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom