I am new to this forum but I need some good info about building a new high-end desktop. I have built a PC before but a long time ago. I haven't really stayed up to date on high-end parts for a bare bone PC. I need a machine in which I can do a 2-monitor set-up, and the guts that will allow me to run a website, maybe even service a FTP like site, gaming to the max!
and do some animation where I can produce video sequences in 1080p without dropping frames.
I checked a website of a local computer store where I live and I made a list of mainly the most expensive parts they had listed, whether if they were sold out or not.
• MSI PCI-E ATI R5870 Lightning II 1GB DDR5 Crossfire, GPU: 850MHZ, Mem C: 4800MHz, Mem Bus: 256bit, DUAL DVI, HDTV, TV-OUT, DIRECT X 11 (Video card)
• THERMALTAKE 1200W ATX+12V 99A: 140mm Fan, 6-pin x 3, 8-pin x 3, 8-SATA(power-supply)
• MS Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit - Full Version (OS)
• i7 LGA1366 Evga x58: W/ USB3.0 - 3xSLI or 3xCrossfire, 6 DDR3 Triple-Channel up to 12GB, 10 SATA, 2x1GB NIC, 8 Channel, 12xUSB, 2x1394 (CPU)
• ASUS Black 24" WIDE LCD - 5Ports: SPDIF, AUDIO-IN, VGA, DVI, HDMI, RT:5ms, CR:1000:1, Bri:300, 1920 X 1080p Full HD, 3yr Warranty (Monitor)
• Supertalent DDR3 2GB - 1600MHz - PC3-12800 (Single Module) (Memory Stick – want 3 sticks)
• Apevia Black Keyboard and Optical Mouse PS/2- Combo Kit – Retail (Keyboard and mouse)
• LGA1366 INTEL i7 965 3.20GHz, 6.4GT/Sec, Cores/Treads: 4/8, 8MB L3 Shared Cache - Retail Box - w/ CPU Fan & Intel 3yr Warranty (Required X58's Motherboards) (Mother board)
• Antec Twelve Hundred Black Case - No PS - 12 Drive Bays. - SUPER X SUPER GAMER CASE.! (Case)
• 2TB Hitachi SATA - 7200 RPM W/ 32MB Cache - 3yr Hitachi Warranty (Hard-drive)
• Creative X-Fi PCI Express Sound Blaster Titanium Sound Card (PCI Express - 24 bit) (Sound Card)
• Klipsch HDT1000 HD 5.1 Speaker System (Speakers)
Is this a pretty good idea of what I need? Are there parts that can be replaced that are on par but cheaper? Can memory be utilized past 4 gigs? From how I understand it, a 64-bit OS uses only 4 gigs however, I wonder if I had more memory then this, it will still be able to be used to help improve performance in both Video/animation production as well as gaming. Are any of these components incompatible with each other?
Anyway, consider this. I would like to eventually obtain a system that is close in performance as to what I have listed and is actually affordable.