9600 Pro vs 9600 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the cards I really doubt youll see a large difference with todays games, id save my 30 bucks and OC it. It looks like the one doesnt have a fan, just a heatsink, you might wanna change that. What do you plan on playing, new stuff wont play very well on a 9600 (fear, doom3, quake 4) hl 2 will thoguh probably just because its such a good game for performance. Im ditching my 9800 tho and going for a 6800GS, I'll oc that thing see if I can get over 4.5k in 3dmark05.

One more thing, PZEROFGH The text on your sig is soooo hard to read.

Mr_Threepwood said:
For the cards I really doubt youll see a large difference with todays games, id save my 30 bucks and OC it. It looks like the one doesnt have a fan, just a heatsink, you might wanna change that. What do you plan on playing, new stuff wont play very well on a 9600 (fear, doom3, quake 4) hl 2 will thoguh probably just because its such a good game for performance. Im ditching my 9800 tho and going for a 6800GS, I'll oc that thing see if I can get over 4.5k in 3dmark05.

One more thing, PZEROFGH The text on your sig is soooo hard to read.

woah, the one you saw was my super old 32mb Riva TNT2 gfx card, the one with the heatsink. The XT I'm buying does have a fan. But I'm going to OC that thing like ****ing crazy. I'm gonna replace the stock fan and get some ramsinks.

Go for it. Id just say reformat ur pc when u do it. Ive got a friend with similar specs who didnt reformat after going from nvidia, to ati, to nvidia, to ati. His drivers are messed and it runs like garbage. yet he refuses to reformat

My last card was a Vision tec Xtacy 9600 256MB AGP, I could play BF2 on low-med settings very smoothly. I think if you had more ram BF2 would play allot better;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom