9600 Pro vs 9600 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
... on AGP x4? I've already tried out the 9600 Pro and I was decently impressed, although I couldn't even run BF2 on absolute low settings without having 2-5 FPS (Look at my sig for PC setup - I think that might be the problem;)) The two cards both have 256 mb vram, I think the only difference is that the Pro's engine clock speed is @ 400 Mhz and the XT's @ 500. I returned the Pro a while back. What I want to know is, considering that I have an AGP x4 slot, and this card is classified as a "AGP 4X, 8X" card, will I see any difference by taking the XT over the Pro? And will this difference allow me to play BF2 (On very low settings)? oh, and I'm getting em' from Sapphire, cuz it's uber cheap.

There is no real big difference between 4x AGP and 8x AGP

if the only difference is clock speed, why dont you OC that 9600 pro to speeds of a 9600XT :D

well, cuz the difference is only $30 (Canadian). And thing is, I can overclock the XT :D , no? it's already clocked @ 500 Mhz out of factory, you think I can break it to 600? 625? (With proper cooling of course..) But then again, if the XT is just an overclocked Pro (meaning that the XT can't be overclocked from that point) then I should just stick with the Pro (and overclock it) Cuz just by looking, it looks like both stock fans are identical. What do you think?

Doesnt matter to me, It's your money. WIth that extra 30 dollars, you can buy a decent third party heatsink to put on the 9600pro. just an idea :)

PZEROFGH said:
Doesnt matter to me, It's your money. WIth that extra 30 dollars, you can buy a decent third party heatsink to put on the 9600pro. just an idea :)

well here's an exact image of my present video card.

v380032m9jc.jpg

See the heat sink on it? Think I might be able to remove it? ... and use it on not the memory chips or the core processor, but that other chip, forget what it's called or does....

the fan is the core, the heatsink on the before one is the core.

You can have one or the other you might want littler ones lol

lol thanks, I'm very fan/heatsink-stupid. How much does it usually cost for a couple of memory heat sinks? smalls ones? and which ones do I have to attach them too? I circled the ones I'd definatley would add a heatsink to in GREEN (memory chips and second largest none-core chip) and circled ones that I'm not sure whether or not I should in PINK (dunno what they are, some fat looking mini-chips). I really wanna overclock this thing pretty bad *** (as much as possible) without having to go for expensive cooling

cooling3zh.jpg

edit: oh, and can you give me a good idea as to how they are attached?

you dont have to do the purples ones, but with the green circles one besides the one on the far left, you can put mem sinks, for about 10 dollars. for 8 because there are mem on both sides of the video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom