8800GT and 3800x2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi I am planning to buy this card Canada Computers - Video Cards > PCI-Express Cards > Powered By nVidia : Galaxy GeForce 8800GT Overclocked Chipset (600Mhz) 512MB DDR3 (2000Mhz) Dual Dual-Link Display PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card.
but I have a 3800x2, system in my sig, I have 3 gigs of ram now that's the only change. Is the processor going to hold the 8800gt a lot or it should be ok? I am playing Crysis in my old x800 and I want to look a little better :) . I am a light gamer by the way.
Thanks.

Many people blow bottlenecking out of proportion, but with an older processor like yours at only 2.0ghz and just 1gb of pc5300 I think you will definitely experience some bottlenecking.

How about trying to clock your CPU to 2.6+ghz and getting some more memory. Will help quite a bit!

Many people blow bottlenecking out of proportion, but with an older processor like yours at only 2.0ghz and just 1gb of pc5300 I think you will definitely experience some bottlenecking.

How about trying to clock your CPU to 2.6+ghz and getting some more memory. Will help quite a bit!

I have 3 gigs of ram now, does that still experience some bottlenecking? also my motherboard is not to good for overclocking.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom